HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
- Family/child friendly
- Disabled access
- Pets allowed
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
1. PROFILES: IN THE INTEREST OF SECURITY AND COURTESY, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE WITH A PHOTO AND PERSONAL DETAILS. Reservations will NOT be accepted with incomplete profile information (including photo)
2. When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. Reduced Rate for 3+ guests of 2+ nights: Please ask when booking
In these past 4 years there have been visitors from East and West:
*China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India *Australia * N Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Italy * Germany * Austria * Belgium * Spain
* Switzerland * France *Netherlands *Ireland * & even England!
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities. Our city has a long history hiding many secrets and stories waiting to be discovered again and again.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families as well as mixed company travellers. The room and accommodation are suitable for wheelchair users and there are no stairs. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
The garden flat is near on the edge of the New Town, close to the very heart of historic, beautiful Edinburgh. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley train station on Princes St, 30 mins to the Royal Mile and 11 minutes from the closest stop (York Place) on the new Airport Tram. There are also many local bus services nearby. We are in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-sq mtrs of private garden and a terrace with mature trees. A great place to get a view of the city, North Sea, Castle and Firth of Forth and harbour to the north, is atop our local park, Calton Hill, a 20-minute walk
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed) and two extra mattress which can be placed on the floor next to the beds if required if (Minimal floor space with mattresses in use). Families with children are welcome.
ALL BEDDING AND TOWELS ARE INCLUDED.
* There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, comfortable arm chair, large mirror and closet.
* The room is across the hall from the shared bathroom
* All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided
* Children are welcome. There is a discount for children 5-15, and under 5 years are free.- please ask at time of booking
* Well-behaved pets are welcome
* There is a collection of maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available, please ask
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). Guests may use the kitchen by arrangement.
• Good bus transport is very near extending throughout Edinburgh including Service 100 from/to Airport. The Airport TRAM is an 11-minute walk.
• Key city centre points are the Olde Town/Royal Mile, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Palace & Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station
* Parking: there is free on-street parking a 5-minute walk away or meter parking on the street. I’m delighted to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon!
1. Closest is No 36, 150m from door, crossing Princes St, connecting with Airport No 100 and Tram at SHANDWICK PLACE (3 min walk)
2. Leith Walk/London Road- 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 22, 25. 44, 45, 49 (8 minute walk)
3.Broughton St/Bellevue/Inverleith Row past Botanical Gardens - 8
4. Inverleith Row/Canonmills/Botanics- 23, 27 (15 min walk)
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||32 NZ$ per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||7 nights|
|Check-in after||9 AM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
I had a really great stay at David's flat in Edinburg. The flat is centrally located. It is only 10-15 minutes walk in the city center so that no public transport is needed. The flat was very clean and nicely decorated (with a very lovely garden). David was very kind and always very helpful when I had a question. I would always contact him again when I need to go back to Edinburgh.
Unfortunately we came one day later as planed and had only one stay in Edinburgh. David ist a very nice , kind and interresting person. We like him very much. He was so helpful and told us a lot about Edinburgh. All the best for him.
I REALLY ENJOYED MY STAY IN EDINBURGH AND AT DAVID'S.HE WAS AN EXCELLANT, INTERESTING AND HELPFUL HOST. I FELT SO MUCH AT EASE THERE AND HOPE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR. THANKS A LOT. HANNES
David was realy a fluke! We felt very well with all (excellent breakfist, nice tidy rooms, cosy atmosphere and a brilliant site). He's a very friendly man with fine manners and we enjoyed the fabolously storys of his full and interessting life. He has a very open mind and is helpful anytime. He made us feel very comfortable and easy to relish our holidays. Unfortunately we stayed only three days.
Kind regards from all of us David ,and good luck!!!
Denise, Felix, Clementina and Luana :-) :-) :-) :-)
David gave us a warm welcome. The room is decent. Sharing the bathroom was no problem. The continental breakfast was plentiful and varied (delicious bread, jams, cheeses, fresh fruit, homemade yogurt). The house is in a beautiful environment and one can easily reach the city center on foot. David answered our questions and showed friendly during every moment spent with him.
David nous a réservé un accueil chaleureux. La chambre est très correcte. Le partage de la salle de bain n'a posé aucun problème. Le petit déjeuner continental était copieux et varié (pain délicieux, confitures, fromages, fruits frais, yaourt fait maison). La maison se trouve dans un très bel environnement et on peut facilement rejoindre le centre-ville à pied. David répondait à nos questions et s'est montré amical pendant tous les moments passés chez lui.
David is a very friendly host, open and helpful.
We have just been surprised that the 4th bed is a mattress on land and not a real bed that leaves little room to move in the room.
David est un hote tres sympathique, ouvert et serviable.
Nous avons juste ete surpris que le 4eme lit soit un matelas a terre et non un vrai lit cela laisse peu de place pour se mouvoir dans la piece.
It is extremely pleased with David! A nice spot in the rugged Edinburgh just 10 minutes from downtown. Furthermore, David is an excellent host and very helpful.
Het is bij David uitstekend bevallen! Een mooi plekje in het ruige Edinburgh slechts een 10 minuten van het centrum. Verder is David een uitstekend gastheer en is zeer behulpzaam.
David has received us very well. Before our arrival, he answered all our questions and advised us. Its hospitality and kindness have contributed to the success of our stay in Scotland.
He prepared us delicious breakfasts with fresh produce.
My friends and I warmly thank David and even recommend it to future visitors of Scotland.
David nous a tres bien reçu. Avant notre arrivée, il a répondu à toutes nos interrogations et nous a conseillé. Son accueil et sa gentillesse ont contribué à la réussite de notre séjour en Ecosse.
Il nous a préparé de succulents petit déjeuners avec des produits frais.
Mes amis et moi même remercions chaleureusement David et le recommandons aux futurs visiteurs d'Ecosse.
I can not very much to write, because we were only there for one night unfortunately. David is certainly a very nice person, "open minded". The location is pretty close to the city. If it goes bad you can take a taxi home for little money. The room was fine. Many thanks to you, David!
Ganz viel kann ich leider nicht dazu schreiben, weil wir nur eine Nacht dort waren. David ist jedenfalls ein recht netter Mensch, "open minded". Die Lokation ist ziemlich nah zur City. Wenn es schlecht läuft kann man für wenig Geld mit dem Taxi nach Hause fahren. Das Zimmer war in Ordnung.
Many thanks to you, David!
My family and I had a very pleasant stay in the house of David. The house is clean and the decor is nice, plus the garden is lovely. The breakfast that David offered is delicious and very cheap. The house is near the center (15min) and there are several bus lines that connect easily (day and night) with the center. It was better than a hotel!. I recommend David for a comfortable stay and taste of home in Edinburgh. Thanks David, we are a great host!. And your house is great!
Mi familia y yo tuvimos una estancia muy agradable en la casa de David. La casa esta limpia y su decoracion es linda, ademas el jardin es precioso. El desayuno que David ofrece es delicioso y muy barato. La casa esta cerca del centro (15min) y hay varias lineas de buses que conectan facilmente (dia y noche) con el centro. Fue mejor que un hotel!.
Recomiendo a David para una estancia comoda y con sabor de hogar en Edinburgo.
Thanks David, we are a great host!. And your house is great!
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption